Sunday, May 4, 2014

April 28, 2014 {Kaitlyn}

Holaaa! Uhhh I think I´m missing some shout outs. I think it may have been your anniversary? But I´m a terrible daughter and don´t really remember when. The 23rd? Also give Nana my love because I believe that it was the anniversary of Papa´s death. Aren´t we lucky to have the gospel that gives us the reassurance that we will see them again. :) 

This family has seriously been CRAZY! We had entrevistas with President which was fun. I don´t feel like we get to see him too often so that´s always a fun treat. He and his wife are so great! His wife said that sometimes she calls the parents just to tell them how their kids are doing... so if you´re lucky maybe sometime she will call ya´ll! :) 

Well this week was seriously mentally exhausting. My comp and I are kind of dying a little bit... but it´s all settling down a bit more. Sooo I told you all about Nohelia last week. Well, Monday night we went to say goodbye to her because we thought she was leaving. Well, she backed out again. She said she has nowhere to go. We didn´t have much time but we decided to share a little scripture and in the end we eneded up talking alot about her safety. She started crying because she was afraid of Patricio. He was out drinking that night and she was worried about what he would do to her. As we left that night we both felt a bit strange. The thought of a dream that she had shared with us about her 2 kids calling for her came to my mind. We weren´t exactly sure why... but we kept on with the night. Well Tuesday we stopped by to see how she was doing but nobody was home and then we traveled to have our entrevistas. Wednesday we were informed that Monday night she had been cut or stabbed by her husband and was in the hospital. 

We went to visit her immediately and the situation was far worse than we thought. She explained the story that she had seen death and thought that she was going to live with her dad (who had passed away). She could feel the warm blood draining from her body and new that this might be the end... but then she heard her 5 year old son saying ¨don´t die¨. She told him to offer a prayer and end ïn the name of Jesus Christ amen¨ He said a prayer asking to protect his mom and not let her die. Then her mom told him to grab her phone and dial 911. He tried but he didn´t know the numbers. Instead he ran out of the house screaming at the top of his lungs. Luckily her brother and law who lives in front heard and came running over. 20 minutes later the ambulance arrived. She had lost so much blood and she is already super skinny. Miracle that she is still living and recovering super well. Her son is going to need therapy but seems to be forgetting about it a little bit. Every prayer her two kids ask that daddy won´t kill mommy. Quite a sad story, but quite miraculous. There is so much more detail, but this will give you a glimpse of our week. As she shared the story with us we began to cry as we recognized that the spirit had testified to us that something was going to happen this night. She asked us in the moment if we had felt something because Monday night she thought we had thought something was going to happen. The crazy thing is that we really did. It´s amazing that we didn´t feel bad that we didn´t do something more to help, but I think she needed this. She is now ready to start her new life. It´s going to be a hard trial, but her testimony has grown so much through each and every part of it. 

We have visited her every day since. Soon she´ll be in capital and we´re going to help her get associated with the church there. We also have heard many times that she is a liar which was hard to hear cuz we have developed a great love for her. We are hoping that she really does want this change. I believe that she does. Patricio is in jail and she always said that he was holding her back, so now is her time. She needs to find a man that will treat her with respect and then be married in the temple.

Well I´m just about out of time and I wasted it all in one story. We also talked with Monica about her baptismal date of the 31st. She still hasn´t received an answer but she is feeling a bit more confident about it. I think that in her heart she already knows. It´s going to happen :) I know it. I always leave this house with a smile. This family is the best! Hahaha the cute little 7 year old shared a scripture that she had found and liked because her mom had done that the week before. Then I showed them the scripture in 2 Nefi 5:27 and they smiled at that. Hahaha and then the other little girl said ooo and I love the next one. It said something like "änd they arrived in Jerusalem" hahahaha I seriously almost started dying laughing. Hahaha cutest thing ever. Both of the scriptures didn´t say much of anything... but they just get so excited about reading el Libro de Mormon. Hahaha Love them so much.

Love you all so much! I´m looking forward to talking to ya´ll in two weeks. Wow, how crazy! Hey let me know how Sara is doing! Kim is tearing it up. I can´t even believe how well she is doing! My friends are beasts! Love you all! Have an amazing week! :) Transfers next week... if I don´t email you will know why. I´m sure I´ll have time but just incase. LOVE YOU! Say hello to Nana for me cuz I had no idea that she was in the house! Is she going to be there for when i call? 

No comments:

Post a Comment