Sunday, May 4, 2014

April 29, 2014 {Cara}


The Lovely Olsen's,

First things first... Jantz. Thankyou so much for the email. Hahaha I love reading his letters. I love reading all of your guys' letters. 
Hmm... I'm not sure what to say in this email...

Well this week was Merrie Monarch. Which is like the Hula Olympics. People from all around the world come to compete. Hilo was so packed busy! Saturday there was a parade that we went to with 2 of our investigators. Louise and Lucy! Afterwards Sister Vanderhave invited us all over for pizza. Perfect fellowship! We found out she was a perfect fellowhship as we started the lesson for Louise on the Word of Wisdom and it went from "bringing a member to help us teach" to "teaching a member and investigator together" Hahaha it was the most interesting lesson! I'm realizing more and more that its not just the non-members that need to hear the lessons and the basics, but members too! I hope you all are taking on the challenge given in General Conference, and are studying Preach My Gospel. Keep it simple. 

Cynthia is amazing. We had a few lessons with her!! You guys!! It's incredible, she loves the Joseph Smith already! Her prayers are the most sincere prayers I have heard in a very long, long time. My absolute favorite thing said was, "I'm so grateful to hear this message, because I know so many people in the world dont get to hear about this boy Joseph Smith." She is the sweetest marshalese lady in the world. She came to church and decided that she wanted to stay longer then one hour.... she stayed all 3!! Hahaha.... Sister Buckner and i always hesitate when non-members want to stay for Gospel Principles class. LOL. Because the teacher, Sister Kekauoha is from Waipio Valley..... which means, she's very straight up. Says it how it is. No beating around the bush... This week we are going to clear up some things with Cynthia on outer darkness, fast Sundays (no your not suppose to starve every sunday), and the millenium.... The Gospel is so simple you guys. Stick to the basics with your non member friends:) It was just so so funny hahaha

The Domingos came to church on their OWN! No need calling, or rides:) The dad and 2 kids. That feeling Sister Buckner and I get when we are on opposite sides of the chapel before sacrament starts, greeting people, and we look up and see our investigators walk in, Louise, Cynthia, Darrell, Kiruu, Domingos..... and then we look over at each other with the biggest eyes, then we hurry and attack them with a hug. I LOVE THEM!!:) I love church!! Sometimes I just wish I could stand on top of the big tourists buses they have here with a big giant mega-phone and say, "Come to church, this way, come feel the spirit! Come partake in the free gift that has been given to you. Come feel the spirit! Come closer the your Heavenly Father. He misses you guys! Come Come!"
If they only knew.

I hope you guys are still doing awesome missionary work and setting examples to those around you. My favorite quotes is ....

"Act in a manner, so that those who dont know Christ, but know you, will want to know Christ because they know YOU."

We all have been given a special gift from Heavenly Father. A gift that no one else has or can give, but this gift that has been given to us, is not ours to keep. We are all here as instruments. We are the Lords hands. We all are here to strengthen each other. The love we have and develop for our Savior Jesus Christ is a gift, and it isn't given to us to stay and sit and rest in our hearts. The love for our Savior is given to us to give away. We are not only building and growing and nourishing our testimonies for ourselves, we are doing it for each other. For our brother or sister, friends, and cousins, strangers and family. I know that that is true, Heavenly Father knows all His children. He's in the very details of our lives, and He knows every single person we come in contact with. He knows that person you bumped into, and the lady working the cash register. So I invite you guys to give the gifts you've all been given. Give and show others the love you have for the Savior. Be an example of Him everywhere you go and to everyone you see. Show a smile, aknowledge their presence, give someone a compliment. Step out of your comfort zone and share your gifts and be and answer to someones prayer:) No worries I'm working on it to0! 

This week was M.L.C. (MIssionary Leadership Correlation) So we flew to Oahu again for another meeting. Sister Buckner, me, and the Zone Leaders. It was good! LONG day. We woke up at 3:30 a.m. caught a flight at 6:00 arrived at 8:00 in Honolulu. Meeting was 6 hours long... then we flew back last night, bed at 10:30. Then in the morning we had one hour to prepare a training on everything we learned in MLC with the missionaries in our Zone.
So we just finished that a couple hours ago. It's cool, I dont get as nervous as I was before. Actually it was really cool. I love being Sister Trainer now! I feel like everyone is training me! We stand in the front and train, and the feedback and comments we get back, are so awesome. I'm always like , "yeah, thats so true, your right........" and then I can go off what they said. Its really great. I mean from being the person who would skip class just so I didn't have to stand up in front of the class for a presenation..... to now, giving trainings on all the missionaries on the Island.... I have become more and more grateful for Heavenly Fathers help!! (p.s.- ignore that confession just made;) 
"The Lord is preparing us in a world to go to a Kingdom." - President Warner. I know that, that is true. I know the goal. lt is the Celestial Kingdom. I know who is there.It is our Heavenly Father. I know the purpose. It is true Happiness. I know how to get there. Living the The Gospel. I know the way. Our Savior Jesus Christ. He is the way, and Because of Him we can make it! We have hope and peace. I love Him. I love you! I love you. I love you. I love you. I love Jorgen and his faithful prayers. I love Gavin and his joy for life. I love Alyssa and her determination to always improve. I love Aaron for his righteousness of covenant keeping. I love Dad and the blessings he's brought our family with his faith. I love Jantz and his knowledge he has on the importance of loving everyone. I love Abby and her spirit that lights up the room. I love Mom and her example she has on sharing her gifts. I also love her because she's held us all together. 
Just keep having good days:) If everyday is not a good day, something needs to change. I'm going to quote Silas. Because I feel like he is such an amazing missionary, he needs to be quoted. I remember he would always say, at the most RANDOM times,  "Today is the best day ever." I would kinda nod my head, but then I'd say, ".......why?" Silas would respond with an even more enthusiatic reply, "It's just the best day EVER!!" Hahaha it's so true. Everyday is the best day ever you guys, lets all just find out why:)
Have the best day ever!! 
Love you!!
Aloha
Sister Cara Ann Olsen
P.s.- Mom thankyou so much for $$ in account. Umm... I totally forgot to ask you last week....... but the reason why I brought up my current health problem is because I was wondering if its ok for me to go spend $90 on massage therapy? It's my Branch President who does it... He worked on my back a couple weeks ago, and ever since he worked on it, I've gotten better. The doctors still have not called back, but he scheduled to work on my back again, next Monday. Is that ok?? I think after one more time, I should be ok. He says that my back is effecting my neck, which is what is effecting chest, which is causing my breathing thing. If you can respond soon, I have permission to check my email again later this week, and I can know. Thanks. I cant wait to tlk to you soon too:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment