Thursday, November 14, 2013

October 28, 2013 {Cara}


HAPPY HALLOWEEEN!!!! Boo- ya

Ohana-
Oh my heck. You party animals!! Hahaha I'm sitting here reading your letter about your party to my companion and we're just invisioning the great opportunity that was for missionary work! Woo hoo! Keep it up dad and mom and alyssa. Heavenly Father knows where you work best! Now that I know what kind of party you guys can put on... you set the bar pretty high for when I get home... Haha!! Jusst kidding... That aint for a LONG time, thank goodness:)
Well this week was no ka oi. (the best) We started the week off with 0 progressing investigators.. 0 with date... And now... *drum roll please* We got CHOKE! (lots and lots and lots) investigators and people with a baptism date!! So Tuesday we were on exchanges and me and sister Prawiitt were together in our area. During our 2 hours of tracting (everyday we are required to do 2 hours of tracting) All the homes that let us pray with them...we invited to baptism!  and they all said YES! We got 7 solid, new investigators!  Wow, this church is true.
One of the families is from the phillipeanes (Annabelle, Kristine, and Rose.) Oh my heck they are the sweetest woman in the whole wide world! Then theres  Valentine- who we found walking down the street. After we asked him to be baptized, he said, "You know I have been praying all weekend for the right church to join to flip my life around." Yeah, it was an awesome day:)
Then there's Christie. She's a mom with 7 boys and she works 2 jobs but wants to start going to church and have a place where her boys can go too! Woo woo! We have a lesson with them tonight and the young men leader is going to come and talk about the young mens program! Should be awesome!
And tavia. She is awesome. This church is true my family.
This day was great. It was more then great. It was incredible. I believe it was so successful because of the way I approached it. It was simple. All I did was I went out believing we were going to finally get new investigators in this area! I knew that through my obedience, and diligence- the Lord was going to bless us. I just knew he would! That day, for some reason I just really felt like it was going to be a great day. Twas right:) Faith = Miracles. Woo woo!! It's incredible:) Church is true! 
Haha also whats kind of funny- the same exact street we were knocking doors on- was the same exact street the other sisters tracted on JUST and hour before us... and they didn't have a single person answer the door. Crazy how Heavenly Father works?:) His timing is perfect! Church is true!
All those new investigators are going to be in the Ewa Beach 2 family ward. So we are probably going to switch our focus on the branch to the ward now. We'll see though! Church is true everywhere so it should be fine:)
Alright I am going to tell you a story about a girl named Miko:)
Miko is 12 years old investigator getting baptized in November:) She lives in a really, really rough... neighborhood. Her mom doesn't let her go out ever because its too dangerous for her to be outside, her friends are spreading rumors about her at school, and she sits in her house all day long.
One day, we decided to watch the Joseph Smith Dvd with her. She loved it! We ended up giving it to her, and she pretty much has the whole thing memorized now:) The next night- the ward had a show the youth were putting on. Me and sister teuscher were on our way over and decided- lets pick up miko! We walk over and miko is still in her pajamas taking the trash out. I took the trash from her and said, "MIko hurry up! Go get dressed- we going to the church!"  Haha her adorable big brown eyes got so big and she sprinted inside. She came out with a pink shiny dress on all badazzled up and ready for the night:)
When we drove her home that night, her mom was there and thanked us. Miko then told us how she's been praying for an angel, and she thinks she knows who it is now. Man. I love that girl. She is just like Abby. Always giggling and smiling and just happy all the time! Her smile is contagious. I love her so much, and I can feel Heavenly Fathers love for her as well! Just one of those investigators I truly can not picture my life with out:) It was like a cinderella story!
I am loving the Book of Mormon. That's what my studies have been really focusing extra on. I love reading about how powerful of a missionaries Alma and Amulek were. I love when Alma approached Ammonihah and turned back because he thought he could not do it. YET, Heavenly Father said, Nope go back. I feel like that's what this area is like. People keep just leaving and leaving this area and has had so many missionaries recently and nothings been going on or happening here. Instead of just settling for how things are here, I look up to Alma and how he went back to Ammonihah and turned that place around! Those men... So heroic. So inspiring. So cool. Let us all be like the prophets in the book of Mormon. My Siblings- who are your favorite prophets in the Book of Mormom?
Well something else cool- we are going above the goals we have set each week:) We are setting them higher and higher! Sister Teuscher is so awesome. She is always ready to take on every day. She never complains and she is just wonderful. I love the other sisters that live with us too. So much to learn from so many people:)
Well family. I the church is true. I know that the book of mormon makes you happy. I know that weaknesses are made strong through our faith in Jesus Christ. I know that we have a Savior who lived and died for us. I know that Heavenly Father sent his only son because of his immense love for this world and for each and every one of his children. I am grateful for each day I have to be here, living my life with a knowledge of the his plan for me and all his children. I know that this plan wouldn't be possible without our Savior Jesus Christ. Through him, we can have eternal happiness. He means everything! I love this church. I know its true. I love y'all so much and I love hearing from y'all!
Missionary life is the best, and I can't wait for you to come out here Gavin!
Happy Halloween:)
Aloha,
Sister Olsen




No comments:

Post a Comment